ARRIVAL AND PARKING (when we get more kids)
- All families shall park every other stall distance between each care upon
- One family member will escort child(ren) to the No Touch Temp Check
- Face covering will be required for all adults
- Proceed to the entry of the school
NO TOUCH TEMP STATION
- The no touch temp check station is located right inside of the classroom
- 6’ ground markers will provide family distancing (when we get more kids)
- Temperatures will be taken each day with a no touch thermometer
- If children with temp of 100 degree or higher, will not permitted in the
- Parents will notify the staff if children have taken any fever reducing medications in
the prior 24 hours
- Families will sign wellness check log. This log will include the following
- Name of child
- Question: Have your child have had the following
symptoms? Y or N
- Fever of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher
- Dry cough
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Muscle aches
- Has anyone in the household been diagnosis with
- Has anyone in the household been exposure to another
individuals with COVID-19 or suspected of having COVID 19?
ENTRANCE INTO THE BUILDING
- Families will enter and exit the building one person at a time to allow for social and physical
- Parents/caregivers are to wash their hands and assist in washing the hands of their children
before leaving the center.
- Parents/caregivers visits should be as brief as possible
- Hand sanitizers will be available for use if someone would like it and will be out of reach of
- Each family will have their very own file folder and pen. No other person will be using that
- Every day the pens will be cleaned and return to file.
- Sign in times are between 8:00 am – 9:00 am if possible. Other times can be arranged with the
- Children will be with their friends, enjoying all the wonderful activities planned for them,
just as they would any other day. The only difference will be the spacing of activities and children. We will enjoy the following activities:
- Jesus Time
- Outside time
- Snack time
- Free play
- Eating outside
- And so much more!!!!!!!
- All activities are designed for and will promote 6” distancing if possible.
- No backpacks are allowed for now
- No toys, stuffed animals, etc. from home are allowed for now
- Socks must be worn every day
- All personal items should be labeled and kept in their cubbies to ensure that they are
separated from others…
- We will continue to provide 2 snacks per day.
- Children will eat at the table on the playground for snack. In case of inclement weather,
they will eat in the classroom.
- The tables inside will be divided so the kids are observing the 6” distance
- Lunch and snack sharing will not be permitted. This is also do to allergies to certain
- Lunch pails/boxes are not permitted. Bring lunch in a brown bag. Anything not
consumed will be discarded unless parents request to see what their child is/not eating at lunch.
- We will use paper goods and disposable plastic utensils when possible.
- We will immediately clean and disinfect the tables after each meals.
- Only one child allowed in the bathroom at a time
- Toilet handle and other items in the bathroom will be wiped down by staff after each
- Children must wash hands for 20 seconds with soap. (Happy Birthday song twice, the ABC song,
counting to 20)
- A staff member will be helping child wash their hands.
- We will be following the following five steps every time we wash our hands:
- WET your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the top, and apply soap.
- LATHER your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under our
- SCRUB your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a time? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
- RINSE your hands will under clean, running water.
- DRY your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
- We will wash our hands during these keys time:
- When we first come to school
- After we use the bathroom
- After being outside
- Before and after snack and lunch
- After each time we cough and/or sneeze
- Cots will be 3 to 6 feet apart from each other.
- The heads of each cots will be arranged in opposite directions. This will lessen the
possible spread of illness between children from coughing or sneezing.
- Each child will have their very own cots.
- Each cot will have the child’s name on them.
- Every day before the cots are put away, they will be sanitized and aired
- A staff will take the sheets and blankets home on Friday and wash them.
INDOOR CLASSROOM USE
- Designated areas
- We will be offering more opportunities for individual play and
solo activities when possible.
- Designated toys
- We will have toys and manipulatives accessible that are easy to
clean and sanitize each night
- Daily sanitation
- We will have a schedule of when we will be cleaning,
sanitizing, and disinfecting the toys, tables, mats, etc.
- 6” distancing
- We will be teaching the kids what social distancing is by
implement strategies to model and reinforce social distancing. This is happen in several different ways:
- Frequent verbal reminders
- Read stories and/or create and develop a scripted story around